Red Clover Books
"The Red Clover Award program promotes the reading and discussion of the best of contemporary picture books in nearly all of Vermont’s elementary schools. The Red Clover Award nominees are selected by a committee comprised of Vermont teachers, librarians and sponsors. The committee reviews all picture books published in the prior year.
The list of nominees is published each March. Here are the book selection criteria:
- The book must have been published in the prior year.
- The award is for the entire book-text and illustrations.
- Both the author and illustrator must be living at the time of the selection.
- Only one title by the same combination of author and illustrator may be chosen in a given year.
- The books must be appropriate, in the aggregate, for a range of children in grades K-4.
- Both fiction and non-fiction are eligible" taken from http://www.mothergooseprograms.org/lit_red_clover_overview.php
2015/2016 Red Clover Nominated Books
The Blue Whale
Mango, Abuela and Me
Meet the Dullards
Rufus the Writer
We Forgot Brock!
Out of the Woods
Winnie: The True Story of the Bear who Inspired Winnie-The-Pooh